QLS seminar (Arnab Pal) via Zoom on 3 May 2022 at 14:00 CET

Quantitative Life Sciences qls at ictp.it
Tue May 3 08:57:12 CEST 2022

Dear All,

Today, 3 May  at 14:00 CET, Dr Arnab Pal  (The Institute of Mathematical
Sciences, Chennai, India) will give a zoom webinar titled:

*Uncertainty relation for enzymes, resetting systems, and first passage
time processes with irreversible transitions*

Abstract:
The thermodynamic uncertainty relation (TUR) shows that the fluctuations
of currents are bounded from below by the inverse entropy production.
When one or more transitions are completely irreversible the entropy
production diverges, and the TUR becomes non-informative. We show that
additional bounds, which mix entropic and dynamic contributions, hold
for such processes. Crucially, these new bounds are tighter in the
presence of irreversible transitions. A steady-state process with
resetting, enzymes and a transient first-passage problem are used as
examples. We also discuss the connections between the bounds and the
Aldous-Shepp bound that is often used in statistical kinetics.

Indico page https://indico.ictp.it/event/9941/

Zoom Meeting ID to attend the online seminar: 475-819-702
Join Zoom Meeting:https://zoom.us/j/475819702 <https://zoom.us/j/475819702>

/If you haven't registered for previous QLS webinars, please contact
qls at ictp.it to obtain the PASSWORD for this zoom meeting/

Best regards,

Erica

--