ICTP/IGAP Algebraic Geometry Seminar - Wednesday, 16 March, at 16:00 (Lothar Goettsche)/hybrid seminar

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Tue Mar 15 15:06:46 CET 2022

ICTP/IGAP Algebraic Geometry Seminar on "Vertical Vafa-Witten invariants"

Starts 16 Mar 2022 16:00
Ends 16 Mar 2022 17:00
Central European Time

Presence: ICTP Leonardo Building - Luigi Stasi Seminar Room

Online:
Register in advance for this meeting:
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIkfuuprjgjGNcgVmSaMlPCelgrDAqtiUSK
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the meeting.

Speaker Lothar Goettsche (ICTP)

Abstract: We describe the components corresponding of the fixpoint locus
on the Vafa-Witten moduli space.

We introduce the Vafa-Witten generating function, and its decomposition
corresponding to the components of the fixpoint locus. In particular we
have the horizontal component, corresponding to the partition (r), which
is the moduli space of stable sheaves, and the vertical component,
corresponding to the partition (1,..,1). We show that the contribution
to the horizontal component to the VW invariants is the virtual Euler
number of the moduli space of sheaves. We state the Vafa-Witten
predictions for the modularity of the Vafa-Witten generating function.

We state the structure theorem of Laaracker for the vertical Vafa-Witten
invariants, and give conjectural formulas for the vertical Vafa-Witten
invariants. Finally we conjecture an analogue of Laaracker's structure
theorem also for the horizontal invariants.

This will be a hybrid seminar. All are very welcome to join either
online or in person (if provided with a green pass). Venue: Luigi Stasi
Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo Da Vinci Building), for those wishing to
attend in person.

https://indico.ictp.it/event/9913/

-- Koutou Mabilo ICTP Mathematics Group Leonardo Da Vinci Building
Strada Costiera no. 11 34151 Trieste, Italy Tel. no.: +39-040-2240455
For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a
way that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela