CMSP Seminar (Atomistic Simulation Webinar Series): TODAY 9 March at 11:00, Prof. Piero Gasparotto

CMSP Seminars Secretariat OnlineCMSP at ictp.it
Wed Mar 9 09:20:05 CET 2022

Atomistic Simulation Webinar Series
_
WEBINAR_

via Zoom

** * * TODAY Wednesday, 9 March 2022 at 11:00*** * **

Speaker:*Prof. Piero Gasparotto *(Paul Scherrer Institut, Switzerland)

Title:***Combining molecular modelling and machine learning to explore
structure and dynamics of materials in bulk and at interfaces
*

Register in advance at:
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIsd-uorzkvE92HkZddxL5LArdvWv__y54z
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIsd-uorzkvE92HkZddxL5LArdvWv__y54z&sa=D&source=calendar&ust=1646564864989129&usg=AOvVaw3aw6kw8rPoMf7eJnTGsWCS>
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the seminar.

_Abstract_:

In this talk, I will present some recent advancements in modelling
structure and dynamics in inter facialwater. Furthermore, I will discuss
how machine learning can be o fhelp to understand and predict the
properties of interfaces and bulks at the atomic scale, sidestepping
much of the human and computational cost typically required by modelling
studies.

----

CMSP Seminars support:OnlineCMSP at ictp.it

CMSP, Condensed Matter & Statistical Physics Section
http://www.ictp.it/research/cmsp.aspx

The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics
https://www.ictp.it/

----