Geometry and Physics Seminars - Lectures on G2 Geometry by Thomas Walpuski (Humboldt) starting 8 March

Jacopo Stoppa jstoppa at sissa.it
Sat Mar 5 15:34:46 CET 2022

As part of the SISSA/IGAP Geometry and Physics Seminars, Prof. Thomas
Walpuski (Humboldt) will give four online lectures on G2 Geometry.
The first lecture will be on Tuesday, 8 March at 14:30. Please find
the title, abstract and a Zoom link below.
All best,
Jacopo

Title: A survey of parts of G2-geometry

Abstract:

This lecture series consists of four parts. Part I reviews the notion
of a G2–manifold, puts them into (hopefully familiar) context, and
discusses (some of) the known construction methods.  Part II focuses
on associative submanifolds.  I will discuss their deformation theory,
some construction methods, and sketch two degeneration phenomena for
associatives submanifolds. Part III introduces the notion of
G2–instantons, discusses construction methods, and summarises the
compactness issues (and its connection with associative submanifolds.)
 The final part IV discusses how Donaldson–Thomas’s vision of
enumerative invariants of G2–manifolds (arising from associative
submanifolds and G2–instantons) has evolved over the past decade.

Jacopo Stoppa is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: G2 Geometry
Time: Mar 8, 2022 02:30 PM Rome

Join Zoom Meeting
https://sissa-it.zoom.us/j/89375374980?pwd=UmFibW9CZHJxdUIwQnRxdEJXbExFUT09