CMSP Seminar IN PERSON & online, Wedn. 20 July at 11:00, Prof. Augusto J. Roncaglia

CMSP Seminars Secretariat OnlineCMSP at ictp.it
Tue Jul 12 12:51:51 CEST 2022

CMSP SEMINAR

IN PERSON: Euler Lecture Hall (Leonardo Building, Terrace Level)

Also via Zoom. Link to advance registration:
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUkfuGqqTkuGtxMgjugq_jEBPtehsFL7G1T
*
* * * **Wednesday, 20 July 2022 at 11:00**Rome time* * **

Speaker: *Augusto J. Roncaglia *(Departamento de Fisica, FCEyN,
Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina)

Title:*Collective effects**in quantum batteries*** *
*

_Abstract_

Quantum batteries are quantum devices that allow energy storage. During
the last years there has been a growing interest in
understanding whether quantum effects can be used to boost their
capacity or charging power. In fact, it was shown that for closed
quantum batteries (isolated from the environment) global operations can
be used to speed up their power when compared with classical batteries.
In this talk, I will first focus on dissipative batteries, which are
batteries that evolve towards an equilibrium state while being coupled
to a thermal bath. I will discuss how collective effects provide a
different enhancement in their power and how quantum coherences affect
their performance.  Finally, I will talk about the significance of
collective transformations when fluctuations in energy are constrained.

----

CMSP Seminars support:OnlineCMSP at ictp.it

CMSP, Condensed Matter & Statistical Physics Section
http://www.ictp.it/research/cmsp.aspx

The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics
https://www.ictp.it/

----