Seminar announcement - Joan Elias

MEZZETTI EMILIA mezzette at units.it
Thu Jan 27 19:09:44 CET 2022

Seminar announcement
Dipartimento di Matematica e Geoscienze
Università di Trieste

Tuesday 1st February 2022, at 2.30 p.m.

Joan Elias (Universitat de Barcelona)

Title: Sumsets and classic projective varieties

Abstract: We present a link between the additive combinatorics of subsets of Z^n and the geometry of Veronese varieties.
In the case n=1, we associate to a finite set of non-negative integers A a monomial projective curve C_A such that the Hilbert function of C_A and the cardinalities of the sumsets sA  agree.
Moreover, the singularities of C_A determine the asymptotic behavior of the function s-->|sA|.
We mainly focus on the case n=1, if we have time, we will comment some results for a general integer n.

 Venue: Seminar Room, 3rd floor, H2bis building, Via A. Valerio 12/1, Trieste

All those interested are much welcome to attend.

--
Emilia Mezzetti
Professore di Geometria/Professor of Geometry

Università degli Studi di Trieste / University of Trieste
Dipartimento di Matematica e Geoscienze
Sezione di Matematica e Informatica
Via A.Valerio 12/1
34127 Trieste, Italia