Junior Geometry Seminar Announcement

Rafael Torres rtorres at sissa.it
Tue Jan 25 12:14:19 CET 2022

Junior Geometry Seminar

Date/time/place: Monday January 31st at 11 am (Room 136).

Title: Almost Complex Structures of arbitrary rank on 6-nilmanifolds

Speaker: Lorenzo Sillari (SISSA)

Abstract: In this talk, we discuss the space of almost complex structure on 6-dimensional nilmanifolds. We illustrate how deformations can be used to build almost complex structures of prescribed (constant) rank on such manifolds, starting from a complex structure. In some favorable case, the method can also be used to invert the process and build complex structures starting from a non-integrable one. As a consequence, we obtain existence results for 6-nilmanifolds and complex 3-solvmanifolds.