What's new on the EC's Research and Innovation website

Henningsen Susanne hennings at ictp.it
Mon Feb 14 14:01:29 CET 2022

read on-line version
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/newsletter-archives/view/service/1325>
| ISSN 2599-9222

	14/02/2022

  Research and Innovation

    What's new

European Commission Logo

Header Image

Follow us | EU Science & Innovation <https://twitter.com/EUScienceInnov>
| EU Science & Innovation <https://www.facebook.com/EUScienceInnov/> |
EU Science & Innovation <https://www.youtube.com/EUScienceInnovation> |
Research & Innovation RSS
<http://ec.europa.eu/research/index.cfm?pg=rss&lg=en>

News Alerts
Top experts to advise Commission on transformative research and
innovation policy in support of social, green and digital transitions
Today, the renewed group of experts on the economic and societal impact
of research and innovation (ESIR) met for the first time to discuss its
work for the next two years. In an updated composition, the ESIR group
will continue.

Mariya Gabriel, Commissioner for Innovation, Research, Culture,
Education and Youth, said:

    /"These experts will address the most pressing societal challenges
    we face today and reach out to key players in their field. I am
    confident that they will consistently support EU R&I and will
    inspire us on how Europe can best develop and implement a
    forward-looking R&I policy."/

	Main URL
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/aHR0cHM6Ly9lYy5ldXJvcGEuZXUvaW5mby9uZXdzL3RvcC1leHBlcnRzLWFkdmlzZS1jb21taXNzaW9uLXRyYW5zZm9ybWF0aXZlLXJlc2VhcmNoLWFuZC1pbm5vdmF0aW9uLXBvbGljeS1zdXBwb3J0LXNvY2lhbC1ncmVlbi1hbmQtZGlnaXRhbC10cmFuc2l0aW9ucy0yMDIyLWZlYi0wN19lbiZwa19jYW1wYWlnbj13aGF0c25ld19uZXdzbGV0dGVy>

SeeAlso

	See also
	ESIR
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/aHR0cHM6Ly9lYy5ldXJvcGEuZXUvaW5mby9yZXNlYXJjaC1hbmQtaW5ub3ZhdGlvbi9zdHJhdGVneS9zdXBwb3J0LXBvbGljeS1tYWtpbmcvc2hhcGluZy1ldS1yZXNlYXJjaC1hbmQtaW5ub3ZhdGlvbi1wb2xpY3kvZXNpcl9lbiZwa19jYW1wYWlnbj13aGF0c25ld19uZXdzbGV0dGVy>

Events
Open call: creators and organisations invited to join the Festival of
the New European Bauhaus in Brussels

The European Commission invites organisations, companies, researchers,
innovators, architects, artists, students and all interested people to
be part of the first Festival of the New European Bauhaus that will take
place in Brussels from 9 to 12 June.

	Main URL
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/aHR0cHM6Ly9uZXctZXVyb3BlYW4tYmF1aGF1cy1mZXN0aXZhbC5ldS9qb2luLw>

Date

	date
	09/06/2022 - 12/06/2022

Venue

	venue
	Online

Organiser

	Organiser
	European Commission

SeeAlso

	See also
	Join us
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/aHR0cHM6Ly9uZXctZXVyb3BlYW4tYmF1aGF1cy1mZXN0aXZhbC5ldS9zcHJlYWQtd29yZC8>

Horizon magazine
Beach bots, sea ‘raptors’ and marine toolsets mobilised to get rid of
marine litter

Often quickly disposed of but lasting in the environment for tens to
hundreds of years, plastic litter pollutes our seas worldwide, creating
a serious threat to wildlife and contributing to climate change as they
break down.

	Main URL
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/aHR0cHM6Ly9lYy5ldXJvcGEuZXUvcmVzZWFyY2gtYW5kLWlubm92YXRpb24vZW4vaG9yaXpvbi1tYWdhemluZS9iZWFjaC1ib3RzLXNlYS1yYXB0b3JzLWFuZC1tYXJpbmUtdG9vbHNldHMtbW9iaWxpc2VkLWdldC1yaWQtbWFyaW5lLWxpdHRlciZwa19jYW1wYWlnbj13aGF0c25ld19uZXdzbGV0dGVy>

SeeAlso

	See also
	Horizon magazine
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/aHR0cHM6Ly9lYy5ldXJvcGEuZXUvcmVzZWFyY2gtYW5kLWlubm92YXRpb24vZW4vaG9yaXpvbi1tYWdhemluZT9wa19jYW1wYWlnbj13aGF0c25ld19uZXdzbGV0dGVy>

The European Commission is committed to personal data protection. Any
personal data is processed in line with the Regulation (EU) 2018/1725
<https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32018R1725&from=EN>.
Please read the privacy statement
<https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info/files/research_and_innovation/contact/documents/ssps_communication_19022019.pdf>.