CHANGE OF DATE Seminar by Cristobal Lopez, now August 24 11:00

Celani Antonio acelani at ictp.it
Fri Aug 19 11:28:49 CEST 2022

Title: Passive and active cluster crystals.
Author: Cristóbal López, IFISC, Palma de Mallorca, Spain.
Abstract:
We study a system of  particles with soft repulsive interactions that lead
to a cluster-crystal phase
(solid in which the unit cell is occupied by a cluster of particles)  in
two dimensions. We analyze both situations: when particles are passive and
active. For the case of active particles we use two different
modelizations of the active force: Active Brownian particles, and
Ornstein-Uhlenbeck particles, and focus on analogies and differences
between them.

The seminar will be held in the Common area, second floor, ex SISSA
building, via Beirut, 2.

You are all most cordially invited to attend