QLS seminar (Samares Pal) in person on 3 August 2022 at 14.00 CET

Quantitative Life Sciences qls at ictp.it
Mon Aug 1 12:21:05 CEST 2022

Dear All,

On Wednesday,  3 August,  2022  at 14:00 CET, Samares Pal (Department of
Mathematics University of Kalyani, India) will give a seminar titled

*The impact of microbial diseases of corals under macroalgal toxicity
and overfishing*

Abstract:
Competition between macroalgae and corals for occupying the available
space in sea bed is an important ecological process underlying
coral-reef dynamics. We investigate coral- macroalgal phase shift in
presence of macroalgal allelopathy and microbial infection on corals by
means of an eco-epidemiological model under the assumption that the
transmission of infection occurs through both contagious and
non-contagious pathways. We found that the system is capable of
exhibiting the existence of two stable configurations by saddle-node
bifurcations.

The seminar will be held in the *Common area, second floor, ex SISSA
building, *via Beirut, 2.

You are all most cordially invited to attend

Best regards,

Erica

--
Erica Sarnataro