ICTP/IGAP Algebraic Geometry Seminar - Wednesday, 6 April, at 16:00 (Lothar Goettsche)/hybrid seminar

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Mon Apr 4 18:33:06 CEST 2022

ICTP/IGAP Algebraic Geometry Seminar on "Vertical Vafa-Witten invariants
and nested Hilbert schemes"

Starts 6 April 2022 16:00
Ends 6 April 2022 17:00
Central European Time

Presence: Leonardo Building - Luigi Stasi Seminar Room

Online:
Register in advance for this meeting:
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMvde2vqj8vGdSw7PIRCRk0qCAQ17hkaDQr
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the meeting.

Speaker Lothar Goettsche (ICTP)

Abstract: We state the structure theorem of Laarakker for the vertical
Vafa-Witten invariants of a projective surface S. We introduce nested
Hilbert schemes (an incidence variety in products of Hilbert schemes of
points and curves on the surface S), and their relation to vertical
components of Vafa-Witten moduli spaces. We describe how the vertical
Vafa-Witten invariants can be computed in terms of nested Hilbert
schemes. We sketch the proof of Laarakker's structure theorem.

/This will be a hybrid seminar. All are very welcome to join either
online or in person (if provided with a green pass). Venue: Luigi Stasi
Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo Da Vinci Building), for those wishing to
attend in person./

https://indico.ictp.it/event/9928/

-- Susanne Henningsen for Koutou Mabilo ICTP Mathematics Group Leonardo
Da Vinci Building Strada Costiera no. 11 34151 Trieste, Italy Tel. no.:
+39-040-2240455 For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains,
but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.
Nelson Mandela