Sorrentino's lecture zoom link

Andrea Braides abraides at sissa.it
Tue Apr 5 09:15:24 CEST 2022

Dear All,

please find below the zoom link to the first lecture by prof. Sorrentino.
The lectures are within the activity of the course “Topics in the Calculus of Variations” (and scheduled as such in the calendar)

Andrea Braides

Speaker: Alfonso Sorrentino (University of Rome Tor Vergata)

Tilte: Action-minimizing methods in symplectic dynamics.

Schedule:
Tuesday April 5 2022, 11:00-13:00
Thursday April 7 2022, 14:00-16:00
Friday April 8 2022 11:00-13:00

Abstract: In these lectures, I will provide an overview of the so-called Aubry-Mather theory, namely a series of variational results related to the so-called action-minimizing principle, that allows one to study the dynamics of twist maps of the annulus and to construct interesting families of invariant sets. Time permitting, I will discuss possible extensions to higher-dimensional Hamiltonian systems.

Andrea Braides is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Sorrentino Lectures
Time: Apr 5, 2022 11:00 AM Rome

Join Zoom Meeting
https://sissa-it.zoom.us/j/84728911064?pwd=QktHL1ZkVXpGR0QrRlZyeWpsZ3RCZz09