Errata: QLS seminar (Fakhteh Ghanbarnejad) via Zoom on 7 September 2021 at 11:30 CET

Quantitative Life Sciences Section qls at ictp.it
Mon Sep 6 14:56:39 CEST 2021

Dear All,

On Tuesday, 7 September at 11h30 15:00 CET, Dr Fakhteh Ghanbarnejad
(Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, and TU Dresden, Germany)  will
give a webinar titled:

*The universality of epidemics in meta-population scale*
*
*
Abstract:

We introduce a generic meta-population framework by which the spreading
dynamic in both levels of inter-population and intra-populations evolve.
Then we show how to estimate A) where, B) when the dynamic had started
and C) calculate the cut-off errors in this frame. Finally we redefine
the effective distance concept and show that the effective distance vs
overtaking time, when the inter-population dynamic overtakes the
intra-population dynamic, presents a universal geometry, namely a line,
for those neighbours of the origin whose reachability via intermediate
nodes are negligible in comparison to the direct effective paths. This
line has a universal slope for any disease or network of mobility or
origin node. The empirical data of COVID-19 epidemics in Iran and the
United States of America as well as the H1N1 pandemic in the world
confirms our theory.

Indico: http://indico.ictp.it/event/9702/
<http://indico.ictp.it/event/9702/>

/If you haven't registered for previous QLS webinars, please contact
qls at ictp.it to obtain the PASSWORD for this zoom meeting./

// Join Zoom Meeting:https://zoom.us/j/475819702
<https://zoom.us/j/475819702>

--