Cossa xe...? Seminar Announcement

Rafael Torres rtorres at sissa.it
Mon Oct 25 08:54:26 CEST 2021

Dear all,

the "Cossa xe...? Seminar" is back!

On October 29th, 2021 at 11 am in room 004, we will kick things off with the following talk

Title: Cossa xe... mirror symmetry?
Speaker: Giulia Gugiatti (ICTP)

Abstract: Mirror symmetry is a powerful duality that was first observed
for Calabi-Yau spaces as background geometries of string theory, but also
appears in more general situations. In this talk I will give an
introduction to the mathematical formulation of mirror symmetry,
explaining how it gives new insights into the understanding of algebraic
varieties. The focus will be on Fano varieties and their Landau-Ginzburg
mirrors.

Upcoming talks include:

November 12th, 2021
Speaker: Martina Zizza (SISSA)

November 26th, 2021
Speaker: Sara Farinelli (SISSA)

December 10th, 2021
Speaker: Clara Patriarca (Politecnico di Milano)

To learn more about the seminar, please visit its website

https://www.math.sissa.it/content/cossa-xe-seminar
Cossa xe...? seminar | Mathematics Area - SISSA<https://www.math.sissa.it/content/cossa-xe-seminar>
The "Cossa xe...? Seminar" is a (bi)weekley online seminar that will be held on Fridays at 11:00 am via Zoom.The goal of the seminar is to be a channel of communication where we all learn some cool math and more about each other's research interests.
www.math.sissa.it