What's new on the EC's Research and Innovation website

Henningsen Susanne hennings at ictp.it
Tue Nov 30 11:04:20 CET 2021

read on-line version
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/newsletter-archives/view/service/1325>
| ISSN 2599-9222

	29/11/2021

  Research and Innovation

    What's new

European Commission Logo

Header Image

Follow us | EU Science & Innovation <https://twitter.com/EUScienceInnov>
| EU Science & Innovation <https://www.facebook.com/EUScienceInnov/> |
EU Science & Innovation <https://www.youtube.com/EUScienceInnovation> |
Research & Innovation RSS
<http://ec.europa.eu/research/index.cfm?pg=rss&lg=en>

News Alerts
Commission invites cities to express their interest to become part of
European Mission ”100 Climate-Neutral and Smart Cities by 2030”
Today, the European Commission has launched a call for expression of
interest for cities willing to join the European Mission ‘100
Climate-Neutral and Smart Cities by 2030’. The objectives of this
mission are to achieve 100 climate-neutral and smart European cities by
2030 and to ensure that these cities act as experimentation and
innovation hubs to enable all European cities to follow suit by 2050. In
the call launched today, European cities with the ambition to move ahead
in their green transition, are invited to submit information about their
current circumstances and work, as well as their future plans to reduce
greenhouse gas emissions.

Mariya Gabriel, Commissioner for Innovation, Research, Culture,
Education and Youth said:

    /We need cities and regions at the forefront of our efforts to reach
    climate neutrality./ /It is great to see the enthusiasm and ambition
    that many cities have already shared with us./ /I would like to
    strongly encourage cities to participate in this call, not just
    those that are already far advanced on their journey to climate
    neutrality, but also those who are in an earlier stage of their
    transformation/.

	Main URL
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/aHR0cHM6Ly9lYy5ldXJvcGEuZXUvaW5mby9uZXdzL2NvbW1pc3Npb24taW52aXRlcy1jaXRpZXMtZXhwcmVzcy10aGVpci1pbnRlcmVzdC1iZWNvbWUtcGFydC1ldXJvcGVhbi1taXNzaW9uLTEwMC1jbGltYXRlLW5ldXRyYWwtYW5kLXNtYXJ0LWNpdGllcy0yMDMwLTIwMjEtbm92LTI1X2VuJnBrX2NhbXBhaWduPXdoYXRzbmV3X25ld3NsZXR0ZXI>

Date

	date
	25/11/2021

SeeAlso

	See also
	EU Cities Mission
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/aHR0cHM6Ly9lYy5ldXJvcGEuZXUvaW5mby9yZXNlYXJjaC1hbmQtaW5ub3ZhdGlvbi9mdW5kaW5nL2Z1bmRpbmctb3Bwb3J0dW5pdGllcy9mdW5kaW5nLXByb2dyYW1tZXMtYW5kLW9wZW4tY2FsbHMvaG9yaXpvbi1ldXJvcGUvbWlzc2lvbnMtaG9yaXpvbi1ldXJvcGUvY2xpbWF0ZS1uZXV0cmFsLWFuZC1zbWFydC1jaXRpZXNfZW4mcGtfY2FtcGFpZ249d2hhdHNuZXdfbmV3c2xldHRlcg>

Events
“Protect, prepare and transform Europe – Build forward better” ESIR
virtual seminar
The twin digital and green transitions, the intention of becoming the
world’s first climate-neutral continent while boosting Europe’s
competitiveness, and the need to prepare for future crises are
objectives that call for a renewed and transformative European R&I policy.

	Main URL
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/aHR0cHM6Ly9lYy5ldXJvcGEuZXUvaW5mby9ldmVudHMvcHJvdGVjdC1wcmVwYXJlLWFuZC10cmFuc2Zvcm0tZXVyb3BlLWJ1aWxkLWZvcndhcmQtYmV0dGVyLWVzaXItdmlydHVhbC1zZW1pbmFyLTIwMjEtZGVjLTE1X2VuJnBrX2NhbXBhaWduPXdoYXRzbmV3X25ld3NsZXR0ZXI>

Date

	date
	15/12/2021 - 15/12/2021

Venue

	venue
	Online

Organiser

	Organiser
	European Commission

SeeAlso

	See also
	More events
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/aHR0cHM6Ly9lYy5ldXJvcGEuZXUvaW5mby9yZXNlYXJjaC1hbmQtaW5ub3ZhdGlvbi9ldmVudHMvdXBjb21pbmctZXZlbnRzX2VuJnBrX2NhbXBhaWduPXdoYXRzbmV3X25ld3NsZXR0ZXI>

Horizon magazine
Digital technologies rescue food from landfill

Food waste has reached colossal proportions and the magnitude of the
problem requires equally massive resources with the potential to supply
sustainable answers. What better than the dynamic digital databases and
advanced analytics we literally have access to “at our fingertips”.

	Main URL
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/aHR0cHM6Ly9lYy5ldXJvcGEuZXUvcmVzZWFyY2gtYW5kLWlubm92YXRpb24vZW4vaG9yaXpvbi1tYWdhemluZS9kaWdpdGFsLXRlY2hub2xvZ2llcy1yZXNjdWUtZm9vZC1sYW5kZmlsbCZwa19jYW1wYWlnbj13aGF0c25ld19uZXdzbGV0dGVy>

Date

	date
	24/11/2021

SeeAlso

	See also
	Horizon magazine
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/aHR0cHM6Ly9lYy5ldXJvcGEuZXUvcmVzZWFyY2gtYW5kLWlubm92YXRpb24vZW4vaG9yaXpvbi1tYWdhemluZT9wa19jYW1wYWlnbj13aGF0c25ld19uZXdzbGV0dGVy>

The European Commission is committed to personal data protection. Any
personal data is processed in line with the Regulation (EU) 2018/1725
<https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32018R1725&from=EN>.
Please read the privacy statement
<https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info/files/research_and_innovation/contact/documents/ssps_communication_19022019.pdf>.