DMG University of Trieste - Algebra and geometry seminar by Sheng Meng on 01/12/2021

Fabio Perroni fperroni at units.it
Mon Nov 22 12:54:20 CET 2021

UNIVERSITA’ DEGLI STUDI DI TRIESTE
DIPARTIMENTO DI MATEMATICA E GEOSCIENZE

SEMINAR ANNOUNCEMENT

Wednesday, December 1st, 2021, at 2:30 pm (local time).

Dr Sheng Meng (KIAS, Seoul) will give a seminar on "Jordan property for automorphism groups”.

Abstract: A group is said to have Jordan property if there exists a Jordan constant J such that any finite subgroup has an abelian subgroup with index bounded by J.
I will survey known results for Jordan property on certain automorphism groups and birational automorphism groups of varieties.
I will also explain our recent progress on automorphism groups of compact spaces in Fujiki’s class C. This is a joint work with Fabio Perroni and De-Qi Zhang.

Venue:  the seminar will take place online via Zoom.

The Zoom link is https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81931318673?pwd=QURIZGcrZnBaekdMSE1VaStWcTVmdz09 <https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81931318673?pwd=QURIZGcrZnBaekdMSE1VaStWcTVmdz09>

ID riunione: 819 3131 8673
Passcode: 967359

Everyone interested is welcome to attend.
Best regards,
Fabio Perroni