Geometries at SISSA -- Anna Fino

Antonio Lerario lerario at sissa.it
Fri Nov 12 09:54:35 CET 2021

Dear All,

this is to announce our next seminar from the series "Geometries at SISSA".

The purpose of this series is to present topics in modern geometry in a way
that is accessible to a broad audience, in a colloquium style seminar. (The
list of the forthcoming seminars is available here
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HQOOFwqQ9VRbIcZINinS1W_kjD8xasOaePrxCZqpoKo/edit?usp=sharing>
.)
After the seminar we will also go to get dinner together, please sign up
here <https://forms.gle/xcP2KaEkSPf7ZGGLA>.
Everyone is welcome to join!

Our speaker will be Anna Maria Fino
<https://sites.google.com/site/annafino/italian> (UniTO).

-----
Speaker: Anna Maria Fino (UniTO)
Title: Generalizations of Calabi-Yau Theorem (in non-Kahler geometry)

Time: November 17, 5pm (Rome time)
Venue: room A004, SISSA main building
(from remote at this link https://sissa-it.zoom.us/j/86574806499)

Abstract: In 1957 Eugenio Calabi conjectured that a compact Kähler manifold
M has a unique Kähler metric in the same class whose Ricci form is any
given 2-form representing the first Chern class of M. The conjecture was
solved two decades later by Shing-Tung Yau, by constructing a solution of
the associated complex Monge-Ampère equation using the continuity method.
In the seminar I will give an overview of the Calabi-Yau Theorem and its
generalizations in symplectic and Hermitian geometry.