IGAP Geometry and Physics seminar 01/06

Christian christian.copetti at sissa.it
Fri May 28 20:28:16 CEST 2021

Dear everyone,

Next *Tuesday June 1st at 16:00 * we resume the "Geometry and Physics"
webinar series.

The next seminar will be:

Speaker: Sarah Harrison (McGill University)

Title:Chaos and the spectrum on Moduli space

Abstract: We analyze the spectrum of the Weil-Petersson Laplacian on the
moduli space of a genus zero Riemann surface with four puncturesvia a
perturbative expansion of the path integral of Liouville theory. Our
numerical results furnish evidence that the eigenvalues obey the
statistics of a random matrix in the Gaussian Orthogonal Ensemble. We
comment on possible implications for the quantum geometry of Riemann
surfaces and quantum gravity in anti–de Sitter space. Based on work with
A. Maloney and T. Numasawa.

https://sissa-it.zoom.us/j/82890022658?pwd=cjNvOHhNc1l1UTE4UUwxclpUY1dwUT09
<https://sissa-it.zoom.us/j/82890022658?pwd=cjNvOHhNc1l1UTE4UUwxclpUY1dwUT09>

Meeting ID: 828 9002 2658

Passcode: igapgeophy

See you there,

The Organizers (Francesco Benini, Giulio Bonelli, Christian Copetti,
Pavel Putrov and Alessandro Tanzini)