CMSP Seminar (Atomistic Simulation Webinar Series): Wednesday, 12 May 2021 at 3 p.m.

CMSP Seminars Secretariat OnlineCMSP at ictp.it
Mon May 10 10:21:32 CEST 2021

Virtual - Zoom Meeting

CMSP Atomistic Simulation Webinar Series
/
/
* * * *Wednesday, 12 May 2021 at 3:00 p.m.** * *

Speaker: *Pablo E. Videla *(Department of Chemistry, Yale University)

Title: *Inclusion of nuclear quantum effects in vibrational nonlinear
spectroscopy
*

Register in advance at:
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUldeuopjgiGtOL2e-YYI2nQEB0ZrwyD9Kc
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the seminar.

Abstract:

The inclusion of nuclear quantum effects in the simulation of
multidimensional vibrational spectroscopy of condensed-phase systems is
challenging since full quantum-mechanical calculations are still
impractical for systems comprising many degrees of freedom. Here, we
introduce an approach based on imaginary-time path-integral-based
techniques, such as ring- polymer molecular dynamics and centroid
molecular dynamics, as a practical way of including nuclear quantum
effects in multi-time correlation functions [1-3]. Benchmark
calculations on 1D model potentials show that the methodology provide
consistent improvement over classical simulations. Additional, we
showcase the approach in the simulation of 2D Raman spectroscopy of
Lennard-Jones liquids [4]. Our results show that the proposed approach
enables simulations of multidimensional optical spectroscopy of
condensed-phase systems accounting for nuclear quantum effects.

[1] K. A. Jung, P. E. Videla, Victor S. Batista, J. Chem. Phys. *148*,
244105 (2018)
[2] K. A. Jung, P. E. Videla, Victor S. Batista, J. Chem. Phys. *151*,
034108 (2019)
[3] K. A. Jung, P. E. Videla, Victor S. Batista, J. Chem. Phys. *153*,
124112 (2020)
[4] Z. Tong, P. E. Videla, K. A. Jung, Victor S. Batista, X. Sun, J.
Chem. Phys. *153*, 034117 (2020)

----

CMSP, Condensed Matter & Statistical Physics Section
http://www.ictp.it/research/cmsp.aspx

The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics
https://www.ictp.it/  <https://www.ictp.it/>

----