IGAP Geometry and Physics Seminar 30/03

Christian christian.copetti at sissa.it
Thu Mar 25 14:18:05 CET 2021

Dear everyone,

Next *Tuesday March 30th at 11:00 (notice the earlier time!)* we will
have the third talk of the Geometry and Physics Webinar series:

Speaker: Yasuyuki Hatsuda (Rikkyo U. )

Title: Black Hole Quasinormal Modes and Seiberg-Witten Theory

Abstract: Black hole perturbation theory leads to ordinary differential
equations. Typically the resulting equations belong to Heun's
differential equation and its confluent cousins. The same equations turn
out to be found in a "quantization" of Seiberg-Witten theory. I will
explain what we can predict from this relation to black hole physics.

The meeting will be on Zoom at the following coordinates:

https://sissa-it.zoom.us/j/84646382884?pwd=T24rbkhYV1U4djdOUDZRRFN0Q2M1UT09
<https://sissa-it.zoom.us/j/84646382884?pwd=T24rbkhYV1U4djdOUDZRRFN0Q2M1UT09>

or

Meeting ID: 846 4638 2884

Passcode: IGAPgeop

See you there,

The Organizers (Francesco Benini, Giulio Bonelli, Christian Copetti,
Pavel Putrov and Alessandro Tanzini)