Algebra and geometry seminar 19-03-2021

Francesco Galuppi fgaluppi at units.it
Mon Mar 15 14:53:13 CET 2021

Dear colleagues,

this is to advertise the weekly seminar of the Algebra and geometry
group of University of Trieste. On Friday, March 19th at 10:30, Sergej
Monavari (University of Utrecht) will talk about "Higher rank
K-theoretic Donaldson-Thomas invariants of points".

 From the moduli spaces of sheaves on a complex algebraic variety one
can extract many interesting invariants of various nature, which are in
general very difficult to compute and rarely described by explicit
closed formulae. We start reviewing classical results on topological
invariants of Hilbert schemes of points for curves and surfaces and then
turn to the case of threefolds, where Donaldson-Thomas theory is
defined. As an example, we present and prove a closed formula for higher
rank K-theoretic DT invariants of points, which solves a conjecture
proposed in String Theory. This is based on joint work with N. Fasola
and A. Ricolfi.

The seminar will take place online. The Zoom link is
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87239350702
<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87239350702>.

You are welcome to extend the invitation to anyone interested.