What's new on the EC's Research and Innovation website

Henningsen Susanne hennings at ictp.it
Mon Mar 1 14:45:12 CET 2021

read on-line version
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/newsletter-specific-archive-issue.cfm?newsletter_service_id=1325&lang=en>
| ISSN 2599-9222

  Research and Innovation

    What's new

European Commission Logo

Header Image

follow us : ‌ icon Twitter <https://twitter.com/EUScienceInnov> ‌ icon
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/EUScienceInnov/> ‌ icon Youtube
<https://www.youtube.com/EUScienceInnovation> ‌ icon RSS
<http://ec.europa.eu/research/index.cfm?pg=rss&lg=en> ‌

News Alerts
New Transitions Performance Index tracks EU progress towards fair and
prosperous sustainability: check how your country is doing
The European Union is a strong global performer in the transition
towards sustainability, with Denmark and the Netherlands topping the EU
ranking and outperforming the US and China. These are some of the main
results of the new Transitions Performance Index (TPI), published by the
Commission today. It ranks EU Member States and 45 other countries
across the globe on how they have performed from 2010 to 2019, both
overall and in the four sustainability dimensions.

Mariya Gabriel, Commissioner for Innovation, Research, Culture,
Education and Youth said:

To preserve the Earth for future generations while ensuring our
resilience and well-being, we have to transform our economies and
societies. Our recovery from the pandemic has to be based on
sustainability. We are not just rebuilding the economy - we are building
it back different and better. Тhe new Transition Performance Index will
help us make sure we invest in our future in a sustainable and
responsible way.

	Main URL
<https://ec.europa.eu/info/news/new-transitions-performance-index-tracks-eu-progress-towards-fair-and-prosperous-sustainability-check-how-your-country-doing-2021-feb-18_en&pk_campaign=rtd_news>

SeeAlso

	See also
	Transitions Performance Index
<https://ec.europa.eu/info/research-and-innovation/strategy/support-policy-making/support-national-research-and-innovation-policy-making/transitions-performance-index-tpi_en?pk_campaign=rtd_news>

Success stories
Resilient cybersecurity solutions for European businesses

While information technologies have opened up new business
opportunities, they have also left companies exposed to new threats.
Smaller companies in particular are often ill-prepared to defend against
cyberattacks. An EU-funded project has developed new tools to help
businesses, and by extension citizens, protect themselves better and
have made these available on an easy-to-use platform.

Photo

	Main URL
<http://ec.europa.eu/research/infocentre/article_en.cfm?id=/research/headlines/news/article_21_02_22_en.html?infocentre&item=Infocentre&artid=54286&pk_campaign=whatsnew_newsletter>

SeeAlso

	See also
	More Success stories
<https://ec.europa.eu/research/infocentre/index_en.cfm?pk_campaign=whatsnew_newsletter>

Events
United Nations Perspectives the Right to Privacy
The UN Human Rights Council’s inaugural Special Rapporteur on the right
to privacy, Prof. Joseph Cannataci, will deliver the keynote address on
the right to privacy, followed by a series of interventions by notable
discussants. The meeting objective will be to consider the impact of
data protection regulation on the use of sensitive personal data for
medical research and improved health outcomes globally.

	Main URL
<https://sciencedigitalunga75.com/events/united-nations-perspectives-on-the-right-to-privacy/>

Date

	Date
	03/03/2021

Venue

	Venue
	Online

SeeAlso

	See also
	More events
<https://ec.europa.eu/info/research-and-innovation/events/upcoming-events_en&pk_campaign=whatsnew_newsletter>

Horizon magazine
Mediterranean wineries are in a climate hotspot. Climatologists are
helping them adapt

 From the possible demise of Merlot grapes in Bordeaux to loss of olive
trees in north Africa, the impacts of climate change will be felt by
farmers across the Mediterranean region, say climatologists.

Photo

	Main URL
<https://horizon-magazine.eu/article/mediterranean-wineries-are-climate-hotspot-climatologists-are-helping-them-adapt.html>

SeeAlso

	See also
	Horizon magazine <https://horizon-magazine.eu/>

The European Commission is committed to personal data protection. Any
personal data is processed in line with the Regulation (EU) 2018/1725
<https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32018R1725&from=EN>.
Please read the privacy statement
<http://ec.europa.eu/research/pdf/ssps_communication_19022019.pdf>.