Cossa xe... Gauge theory with spectral triples?

Rafael Torres rtorres at sissa.it
Mon Jun 21 09:00:21 CEST 2021

Date/time:  Friday June 25th, 11:00 am.

Title: Cossa xe... Gauge theory with spectral triples?

Speaker: Adam Magee

Abstract: Noncommutative geometry has a reputation for being somewhat
esoteric, but it has elegant connections to all sorts of interesting
mathematics and physics. In this talk, I will give a gentle,
introductory tour of some basic concepts and constructions from Connes'
NCG program based on spectral triples. In particular, to provide some
motivation I'll focus on applications to gauge theory and particle
physics. The talk is intended to be safe for mathematicians and
physicists alike (but I'm not making any promises).