Cossa xe... model reduction?

Rafael Torres rtorres at sissa.it
Mon Jul 5 09:00:19 CEST 2021

Date/time:  Friday July 9th, 11:00 am.

Title: Cossa xe... model reduction?

Speaker: Maria Strazzullo

Abstract: This talk is a gentle introduction to model order reduction
for parametrized systems. This approximation technique manages the need
for fast simulations in applications that evaluate many physical
configurations for different features. After a brief introduction to
numerical simulations, we will discover the model order reduction
strategy and how it applies to optimal control problems. The talk aims
at convincing the audience about the usefulness of such an approach in
several contexts (I hope I will succeed)!