IGAP Mathematical Physics Seminar 02/03

Christian christian.copetti at sissa.it
Tue Feb 23 14:38:01 CET 2021

Dear everyone,

We are happy to announce the beginning of an IGAP Mathematical Physics
webinar series for this semester.

The opening webinar will take place on *Tuesday March 2nd at 14:30*:

Speaker: Nikolay Bobev (Leuven)

Title: The Unreasonable Effectiveness of Higher-Derivative Supergravity
in AdS_4 Holography

Abstract:

I will describe the four-derivative corrections to four-dimensional N=2
minimal gauged supergravity and show that they are controlled by two
constants. Interestingly, the solutions of the equations of motion in
the two-derivative theory are not modified by the higher-derivative
corrections. I will use this to arrive at a general formula for the
regularized on-shell action for any asymptotically locally
AdS_4 solution of the theory and show how the higher-derivative
corrections affect black hole thermodynamic quantities in a universal
way. I will employ these results in the context of holography to derive
new explicit results for the subleading corrections in the large N
expansion of supersymmetric partition functions on various compact
manifolds for a large class of three-dimensional SCFTs arising from M2-
and M5-branes. I will also briefly discuss possible extensions and
generalizations of these results.

The meeting will be on Zoom at the following coordinates:

https://sissa-it.zoom.us/j/85656889691?pwd=dmJMMDAvZXpXSHRPRDVLWW5IUDBadz09

or

Meeting ID: 856 5688 9691

Passcode: IGAPMathPh

See you there,

The Organizers (Francesco Benini, Giulio Bonelli, Christian Copetti,
Pavel Putrov and Alessandro Tanzini)