Algebra and gometry online seminar 19-02-2021

Francesco Galuppi fgaluppi at units.it
Wed Feb 17 15:12:00 CET 2021

Dear colleagues,

this is to advertise the weekly seminar of the Algebra and Geometry
group of the University of Trieste. On Friday, February 19th at 10:30,
Andrea Ricolfi (SISSA Trieste) will talk about "Higher rank motivic
Donaldson-Thomas invariants".

Abstract: We define the Grothendieck ring of varieties and the power
structure on it. We then present some formulae expressing the naive
motive of the Quot scheme of points on a 3-fold, as opposed to its
virtual motive, also known as motivic Donaldson-Thomas invariant. In the
virtual setup, we will focus mainly on the case of affine 3-space, on
which the global case is suitably modelled. The final formula for the
generating function of the virtual motives fully solves the higher rank
DT theory of a pair (X,F) = (3-fold,vector bundle).

The seminar will take place online. The Zoom link is
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87239350702.

You are welcome to extend the invitation to anyone interested.

Best,
Francesco