ICTP-SISSA Math Seminar on Kähler Geometry (Zoom Meeting) - Friday 5 February at 14:00 (Michael Hallam)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Mon Feb 1 09:03:42 CET 2021

ICTP-SISSA Math Seminar on Kähler Geometry

Friday 5 February, at 14:00, Central European Time

Please register in advance for this meeting:
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0ldOihrjgoGdDgehJGX_7Q6ttuP8VSNCRB
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the meeting.

Speaker: Michael Hallam (OxfordUniversity)

Title: Stability of Fibrations through Geodesic Analysis

Abstract: Following Lars Sektnan's talk on optimal symplectic
connections and stability of fibrations [see
http://indico.ictp.it/event/9539/], I will present new work in this
area. The main result is that a fibration admitting an optimal
symplectic connection is polystable with respect to a certain large
class of fibration degenerations, which builds on a previous result
obtained by Dervan and Sektnan. To prove this, we analyse geodesics in
the space of all fibrewise cscK (constant scalar curvature Kähler)
metrics, and show that a natural log-norm functional on this space is
convex along geodesics. Along the way, we use the tools developed to
give a new and illuminating proof that optimal symplectic connections
are unique up to automorphisms within a fixe relatively Kähler class
(another result due to Dervan and Sektnan). /This work is for my PhD
thesis, supervised by Ruadhaí Dervan and Frances Kirwan./