What's new on the EC's Research and Innovation website

Henningsen Susanne hennings at ictp.it
Mon Aug 30 13:41:59 CEST 2021

read on-line version
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/newsletter-archives/view/service/1325>
| ISSN 2599-9222

	30/08/2021

  Research and Innovation

    What's new

European Commission Logo

Header Image

Follow us | EU Science & Innovation <https://twitter.com/EUScienceInnov>
| EU Science & Innovation <https://www.facebook.com/EUScienceInnov/> |
EU Science & Innovation <https://www.youtube.com/EUScienceInnovation> |
Research & Innovation RSS
<http://ec.europa.eu/research/index.cfm?pg=rss&lg=en>

Success stories
Making sustainable hydropower a reality

Whilst being a renewable energy, hydropower has a rather large
environmental footprint. From its dams causing flooding to its power
plants threatening fish populations, the key to the wider use of
hydropower is to make it more sustainable. Thanks to new cost-effective
measures developed by the EU-funded FIThydro project, environmentally
friendly, sustainable hydropower may soon be a reality.

	Main URL
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/aHR0cHM6Ly9lYy5ldXJvcGEuZXUvcmVzZWFyY2gtYW5kLWlubm92YXRpb24vZW4vcHJvamVjdHMvc3VjY2Vzcy1zdG9yaWVzL2FsbC9tYWtpbmctc3VzdGFpbmFibGUtaHlkcm9wb3dlci1yZWFsaXR5P3BrX2NhbXBhaWduPXdoYXRzbmV3X25ld3NsZXR0ZXI>

SeeAlso

	See also
	More success stories
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/aHR0cHM6Ly9lYy5ldXJvcGEuZXUvcmVzZWFyY2gtYW5kLWlubm92YXRpb24vZW4vcHJvamVjdHMvc3VjY2Vzcy1zdG9yaWVzP3BrX2NhbXBhaWduPXdoYXRzbmV3X25ld3NsZXR0ZXI>

Publications
Quarterly research and innovation literature review: R&I and the green
transition
The selected papers underpin the importance of designing climate
policies with innovation at the forefront. They also make a case for
coordination of policies and designing them in a way to influence the
volume, direction and pace of R&I.

	Main URL
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/aHR0cHM6Ly9lYy5ldXJvcGEuZXUvaW5mby9wdWJsaWNhdGlvbnMvcXVhcnRlcmx5LXJlc2VhcmNoLWFuZC1pbm5vdmF0aW9uLWxpdGVyYXR1cmUtcmV2aWV3LXJpLWFuZC1ncmVlbi10cmFuc2l0aW9uX2VuJnBrX2NhbXBhaWduPXdoYXRzbmV3X25ld3NsZXR0ZXI>

SeeAlso

	See also
	Research and innovation paper series
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/aHR0cHM6Ly9lYy5ldXJvcGEuZXUvaW5mby9yZXNlYXJjaC1hbmQtaW5ub3ZhdGlvbi9zdHJhdGVneS9zdXBwb3J0LXBvbGljeS1tYWtpbmcvc3VwcG9ydC1uYXRpb25hbC1yZXNlYXJjaC1hbmQtaW5ub3ZhdGlvbi1wb2xpY3ktbWFraW5nL3Jlc2VhcmNoLWFuZC1pbm5vdmF0aW9uLXBhcGVyLXNlcmllc19lbiZwa19jYW1wYWlnbj13aGF0c25ld19uZXdzbGV0dGVy>

Horizon magazine
Out with air conditioners, in with chilled water – how Europe could
slash its cooling footprint

As climate change warms the world, we increasingly need to find ways to
efficiently cool our buildings – whilst also lowering our emissions to
attempt to halt the temperature rise as much as possible. Traditional
air conditioners are a poor method of achieving either goal, but what if
there was another way?

	Main URL
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/aHR0cHM6Ly9lYy5ldXJvcGEuZXUvcmVzZWFyY2gtYW5kLWlubm92YXRpb24vZW4vaG9yaXpvbi1tYWdhemluZS9vdXQtYWlyLWNvbmRpdGlvbmVycy1jaGlsbGVkLXdhdGVyLWhvdy1ldXJvcGUtY291bGQtc2xhc2gtaXRzLWNvb2xpbmctZm9vdHByaW50JnBrX2NhbXBhaWduPXdoYXRzbmV3X25ld3NsZXR0ZXI>

SeeAlso

	See also
	Horizon magazine
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/aHR0cHM6Ly9lYy5ldXJvcGEuZXUvcmVzZWFyY2gtYW5kLWlubm92YXRpb24vZW4vaG9yaXpvbi1tYWdhemluZT9wa19jYW1wYWlnbj13aGF0c25ld19uZXdzbGV0dGVy>

The European Commission is committed to personal data protection. Any
personal data is processed in line with the Regulation (EU) 2018/1725
<https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32018R1725&from=EN>.
Please read the privacy statement
<https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info/files/research_and_innovation/contact/documents/ssps_communication_19022019.pdf>.