IGAP Geometry and Physics seminar 04/05

Christian christian.copetti at sissa.it
Tue Apr 27 15:11:57 CEST 2021

Dear everyone,

Next *Tuesday May 4th at 11:00 (notice early time)* we resume the
"Geometry and Physics" webinar series.

The next seminar will be:

Speaker: Kazunobu Maruyoshi (Seikei U.)

Title: Wilson-'t Hooft lines as transfer matrices

Abstract:

In this talk, we will establish a correspondence between a class of
Wilson-'t Hooft lines in 4d N=2 supersymmetric gauge theories described
by circular quivers and transfer matrices constructed from dynamical
L-operators for trigonometric quantum integrable systems. We compute the
vacuum expectation values of the Wilson-'t Hooft lines in a twisted
product space S^1×R_3 by supersymmetric localization and show that they
are equal to the Wigner transforms of the transfer matrices. A variant
of the AGT correspondence implies an identification of the transfer
matrices with Verlinde operators in Toda theory, which we also verify.
We explain how these field theory setups are related to 4d Chern-Simons
theory via embedding into string theory and dualities.

This is based on the collaboration with Toshihiro Ota and Junya Yagi;
arXiv:2009.12391[hep-th].

The meeting will be on Zoom at the following coordinates:

https://sissa-it.zoom.us/j/85670351307?pwd=Lzc3NmkrdGFINWR3WnpOSFlYdnNEQT09
<https://sissa-it.zoom.us/j/85670351307?pwd=Lzc3NmkrdGFINWR3WnpOSFlYdnNEQT09>

  or

Meeting ID: 856 7035 1307

Passcode: igapgeophy

See you there,

The Organizers (Francesco Benini, Giulio Bonelli, Christian Copetti,
Pavel Putrov and Alessandro Tanzini)