Algebra and geometry online seminar 23-04-2021

Francesco Galuppi fgaluppi at units.it
Tue Apr 20 23:35:50 CEST 2021

Dear colleagues,

this is to advertise the weekly seminar of the Algebra and geometry
group of University of Trieste. On Friday, April 23th at 10:30, Fulvio
Gesmundo (Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences) will
talk about "Geometry of tensor network varieties".

Tensor network varieties are varieties of tensors described by the
combinatorial structure of a graph. They play a major role in quantum
many-body physics as well as in other areas of applied mathematics, such
as algebraic complexity theory and algebraic statistics.
In this seminar, I will introduce tensor network varieties, focusing on
their geometric structure. I will show how to study their dimension,
equations, and special subvarieties of interest.

The seminar will take place online. The Zoom link is
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87239350702.

You are welcome to extend the invitation to anyone interested.