IGAP Geometry and Physics seminar 20/04

Christian christian.copetti at sissa.it
Thu Apr 15 17:44:07 CEST 2021

Dear everyone,

Next *Tuesday April 20th at 14:30* we resume the "Geometry and Physics"
webinar series. The next seminar will be

Speaker: Daniele Dorigoni (Durham U.)

Title: An exact integrated correlator in \mathcal{N} = 4 SU(N) SYM

Abstract:

Between all the magical properties of \mathcal{N} = 4 SU(N) super
Yang-Mills perhaps one of the most important is Montonen-Olive
electric-magnetic SL(2,Z) duality.
In particular this leads to the constraint that observables must be
invariant under inversion of the complex YM coupling \tau, i.e. under
\tau -> -1 / \tau.
In this talk we will focus on one such physical quantity, namely an
integrated correlator of four super-conformal primaries of the
stress-tensor multiplet.
I will firstly review how this correlator can be computed via
supersymmetric localisation on S^4, and then discuss how this quantity
can be rewritten in a manifestly SL(2,Z) invariant way for any number of
colours N, and any value of the complex YM coupling \tau. Thanks to this
novel expression we can explore various different regimes: perturbative
SYM, large-N supergravity approximation, large-N 't Hooft expansion. All
of these regimes are connected via a remarkable Laplace-difference
equation relating the SU(N) to the SU(N+1) and SU(N−1) correlators.

The meeting will be on Zoom at the following coordinates:

<https://sissa-it.zoom.us/j/85656889691?pwd=dmJMMDAvZXpXSHRPRDVLWW5IUDBadz09>

https://sissa-it.zoom.us/j/85422195215?pwd=YktPNVBsQWZNbW5HSXNOTDRWVUh6QT09
<https://sissa-it.zoom.us/j/85422195215?pwd=YktPNVBsQWZNbW5HSXNOTDRWVUh6QT09>

<https://sissa-it.zoom.us/j/85656889691?pwd=dmJMMDAvZXpXSHRPRDVLWW5IUDBadz09>

  or

Meeting ID: 854 2219 5215

Passcode: igapgeophy

See you there,

The Organizers (Francesco Benini, Giulio Bonelli, Christian Copetti,
Pavel Putrov and Alessandro Tanzini)