SISSA/IGAP algebraic geometry seminars, 3rd series

Michele Graffeo mgraffeo at sissa.it
Sat Apr 10 11:50:34 CEST 2021

Dear all,
as many of you should already know, the second cycle of algebraic
geometry seminars is concluded.
Of course, what is not concluded is our desire to meet and discuss about math.

This was a very difficult year, especially for first year students and
many of the seniors have realized that the best way to grow is to meet
and have useful conversations.

Having said that, the organizers have decided to proceed with a series
of seminars focusing on the research topics of those who have already
started to do research.

We have already planned several seminars  and we still have free
slots. We would like  to listen to all of you, so you are all invited
to contact us in order to secure a slot.

I conclude by saying that, for first-year students, these will not
necessarily be passive meetings, as, if they want, they will be
allowed to present their master thesis whether this is compilative or
research.

We hope to see many of you.

Below you will find the details of the first seminar.

SPEAKER:    Matteo Gallet - RICAM

TITLE:      Configuration curves of mobile hexapods

WHEN:       Thursday, April 15 at 4.30pm (Rome)

WHERE:      Link Zoom:
https://sissa-it.zoom.us/j/81361931100?pwd=cG5UV2IzMEU4SGpFM1ZmS09zdVlIZz09
             ID riunione:        813 6193 1100
             Passcode:           041698

ABSTRACT: Hexapods are mechanical devices constituted of two rigid
bodies, called base and platform, connected by six rods, called legs,
which are anchored to the base and the platform via spherical joints.
When the legs are in general position and of general length, these
objects are rigid. Understanding mobile hexapods is one of the main
questions in theoretical kinematics. I this talk, I will report some
results from a joint work with Hans-Christian Graf von Bothmer and
Josef Schicho concerning a partial classification of some
configuration curves of mobile hexapods.

Best regards,
Andrea, Alessandro and Michele.