SISSA/IGAP algebraic geometry seminars

Alessandro Nobile anobile at sissa.it
Tue Apr 6 08:19:39 CEST 2021

Dear all,
     this is to announce the next SISSA/IGAP algebraic geometry seminar,
centered on intersection theory.

The aim of these seminars is to study intersection theory following the
book of Fulton, Intersection Theory, and develop a working knowledge.
A comprehensive list of all speakers and topics covered can be found at
the following webpage
https://atricolfi.github.io/MATHEMATICS/Intersection_theory_seminar.html

SPEAKER:    Qiangru Kuang - SISSA

TITLE:         Excess bundle and blown formula

WHEN:        Thursday, April 8 at 4.30pm (Rome)

WHERE:      Link Zoom:
https://sissa-it.zoom.us/j/84707243747?pwd=ejFpeEJwaXlvQnRTT3ArNnJESEMvdz09
                  ID riunione:      847 0724 3747
                  Passcode:         823611

ABSTRACT: In this seminar we will define the excess bundle and use it to
prove some formal properties of Gysin homomorphisms. In addition we will
extend Gysin homomorphisms to lci morphisms and, as an application,
derive the blowup formula.

Best regards,
Andrea, Alessandro and Michele.