ERC Magazine: Destination Europe - Viruses – Challenges of Interim President – New Starting & Proof of Concept projects

Susanne Henningsen hennings at ictp.it
Thu Oct 29 17:59:16 CET 2020

ERC Magazine July 2020
European Research Council Magazine
<https://ymlptr6.net/8a74cbqyjaiaehyqbacahuuacaysyw/click.php>

ERC Magazine Autumn 2020

The fruits of recent months: why researchers change continent to work in
Europe, deepening our understanding of all aspects of viruses, the ERC’s
interim President’s budget battle, and the new directions taken by
recent grant winners.

Out of Africa: global collaboration benefits all
<https://ymlptr6.net/75a4bbqybalaehyqbafahuualaysyw/click.php>
<https://ymlptr6.net/75a4bbqybalaehyqbafahuualaysyw/click.php>
As part of a series of interviews with researchers who have moved from
other continents and countries to work in Europe, we spoke to South
African geographer Eloise Marais who migrated to the UK.
<https://ymlptr6.net/75a4bbqybalaehyqbafahuualaysyw/click.php>
Viruses: know your enemy to defeat it
<https://ymlptr6.net/3d981bqyhaiaehyqbavahuuaxaysyw/click.php>
<https://ymlptr6.net/3d981bqyhaiaehyqbavahuuaxaysyw/click.php>

Does the word ‘virus’ scare you? Clearly COVID19 has reminded us how
vulnerable we are to viruses, but there is nothing new about viral
pandemics. Deepening our understanding of viruses is essential to tackle
current and future viral threats.
<https://ymlptr6.net/3d981bqyhaiaehyqbavahuuaxaysyw/click.php>

 From the USA to the Centre for the Unknown
<https://ymlptr6.net/8e625bqywaiaehyqbaaahuuaaaysyw/click.php>
<https://ymlptr6.net/8e625bqywaiaehyqbaaahuuaaaysyw/click.php>
As part of a series of interviews with researchers who have moved from
other continents and countries to work in Europe, EURAXESS interviews US
neuroscientist Megan Carey who went to Portugal.
<https://ymlptr6.net/8e625bqywaiaehyqbaaahuuaaaysyw/click.php>
Starting Grant winners in 2020: interesting projects
<https://ymlptr6.net/363fabqyqaoaehyqbadahuuakaysyw/click.php>
<https://ymlptr6.net/363fabqyqaoaehyqbadahuuakaysyw/click.php>
Projects and researchers awarded ERC Starting Grants in 2020 were, as
usual, extremely varied. Seven examples give you a taste of the research
avenues that will be explored by this new generation.
<https://ymlptr6.net/363fabqyqaoaehyqbadahuuakaysyw/click.php>
Facing challenges at a critical time: Jean-Pierre Bourguignon back at
the ERC <https://ymlptr6.net/8921dbqyyapaehyqbalahuuaoaysyw/click.php>
<https://ymlptr6.net/8921dbqyyapaehyqbalahuuaoaysyw/click.php>
The interim ERC President confirms we have some serious work ahead of
us. He asserts that Europe can not only survive when faced with tough
international competition, but also thrive if it invests in far-reaching
science.
<https://ymlptr6.net/8921dbqyyapaehyqbalahuuaoaysyw/click.php>
Proof of Concept call 2020 - second round winners
<https://ymlptr6.net/108dcbyssagaehyqbavahuuagaysyw/click.php>
<https://ymlptr6.net/108dcbyssagaehyqbavahuuagaysyw/click.php>
Three inspiring examples from the latest batch of 55 funded projects to
move research results closer to a marketable position.
<https://ymlptr6.net/108dcbyssagaehyqbavahuuagaysyw/click.php>