What's new on the EC's Research and Innovation website

Susanne Henningsen hennings at ictp.it
Mon Nov 30 14:21:40 CET 2020

read on-line version
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/newsletter-specific-archive-issue.cfm?newsletter_service_id=1325&lang=en>
| ISSN 2599-9222

  Research and Innovation

    What's new

European Commission Logo

Header Image

follow us :   | icon Twitter <https://twitter.com/EUScienceInnov> icon
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/EUScienceInnov/> icon Youtube
<https://www.youtube.com/EUScienceInnovation> icon RSS
<http://ec.europa.eu/research/index.cfm?pg=rss&lg=en>

Success stories
Deepening our understanding of Europe's coastal waters

The ocean plays a vital role in our lives, both environmentally and
economically. In order to protect this precious resource, EU-funded
research is helping to deepen our understanding of the interlinking
factors impacting Europe's coastal waters.

Photo

	Main URL
<http://ec.europa.eu/research/infocentre/article_en.cfm?id=/research/headlines/news/article_20_11_23_en.html?infocentre&item=Infocentre&artid=53665&pk_campaign=whatsnew_newsletter>

SeeAlso

	See also
	More Success stories
<https://ec.europa.eu/research/infocentre/index_en.cfm?pk_campaign=whatsnew_newsletter>

Events
Ten R&I Food Pathways to transform our food systems for co-benefits

On World Food Day, DG RTD released its policy report on the “FOOD2030
Pathways for Action: Research and innovation policy as a driver for
sustainable, healthy and inclusive food systems”. This report frames the
deployment of the EC’s Food 2030 initiative and is meant to guide future
research and innovation policy reflections relevant to Horizon Europe,
the Farm to Fork strategy, the European Green Deal, and beyond.

	Main URL
<https://ec.europa.eu/info/publications/food-2030-pathways-action-research-and-innovation-policy-driver-sustainable-healthy-and-inclusive-food-systems-all_en&pk_campaign=whatsnew_newsletter>

SeeAlso

	See also
	Food systems research and innovation
<https://ec.europa.eu/info/research-and-innovation/research-area/food-systems_en&pk_campaign=whatsnew_newsletter>

Horizon magazine
3-D printed corals, new bioreactors to boost microalgae production for
biofuels

Using light as an energy source, photosynthetic microalgae can be used
to produce products like biofuels and cosmetics. But algae grown in a
reactor block out the light on which they feed. New reactor designs
could solve this problem and help the industry move forward.

Photo

	Main URL
<https://horizon-magazine.eu/article/3-d-printed-corals-new-bioreactors-boost-microalgae-production-biofuels.html>

SeeAlso

	See also
	Horizon magazine <https://horizon-magazine.eu/>

The European Commission is committed to personal data protection. Any
personal data is processed in line with the Regulation (EU) 2018/1725
<https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32018R1725&from=EN>.
Please read the privacy statement
<http://ec.europa.eu/research/pdf/ssps_communication_19022019.pdf>.