ICTP Math Seminar (Zoom Meeting) - Friday 29 May, at 16:00 (Alejandra Rincon Hidalgo)

ICTP/math - Mabilo Koutou math at ictp.it
Thu May 28 11:12:12 CEST 2020

ICTP Mathematics Seminar (Zoom Meeting)

When: Friday 29th May, at 16:00

Speaker: Alejandra Rincón Hidalgo (ICTP)

Title: Roitman’s Theorem for K3 surfaces

Join Zoom Meeting

https://sissa-it.zoom.us/j/96524179544?pwd=VlkxZ0NJOWtkS1ljeWlnTVJPSTVFZz09

Since last time the meeting was interrupted, we add a second link below:
you should join this second meeting just in case the previous one suddenly
stops!!

https://sissa-it.zoom.us/j/94050336356?pwd=OXB0UGpLbWpoaENPVG5TaTh2MkpSUT09

Abstract:  The aim of this talk is to prove Roitman’s theorem for a K3
surface X i.e. that CH^2(X) is torsion free.
We first start by studying the monodromy representation of a Lefschetz
fibration. We then reduced the main problem to study torsion points on
J(C) for a nonsingular curve C very ample on X. Since C belongs to a
Lefschetz pencil on X, we use its monodromy representation to study cycles
on C.
If time permits we give an alternative approach for elliptic K3
surfaces.

Everyone is welcome to attend!