ITS Summer School

Rosanna Sain rosanna at ictp.it
Wed May 13 17:19:19 CEST 2020

Coming in June and July 2020:

*Adventures in the Theoretical Sciences*

The Initiative for the Theoretical Sciences is happy to host an
informal, online summer school this June and July.

Six lecturers will present four hours of lecture and discussion each,
touching a wide range of topics. The goal is to introduce students to
the excitement of our fields, and to encourage thinking about theory as
a unifying activity. We expect students to have solid backgrounds in
statistical physics and quantum mechanics; more specialized topics will
be introduced as needed. Our target audience overlaps advanced
undergraduates and beginning graduate students in the US, and MSc
students abroad.

Lectures will be 11 AM to 1 PM (EDT) on Thursdays and Fridays in June
and July 2020:

June 4 and 5 Few-body and many-body chaos

June 11 and 12 Multi-parameter models and information geometry

June 18 and 19 Statistical physics and machine learning

June 25 and 26 Big universe, big data: Emerging challenges in astrophysics

July 2 and 3 Precision and emergence in the physics of life

July 9 and 10 Driven quantum systems

Q&A session TBA

Lecturers will join in a panel discussion, taking questions from
students about more general topics regarding life and science.

More details at
https://itsatcuny.org/news/2020/5/11/adventures-in-the-theoretical-sciences-2020