Reminder: TODAY Joint ICTP-SISSA Webinar Colloquium by Prof. Alessandro Vespignani on "Computational Epidemiology at the time of COVID-19" - Wednesday 6 May 2020 at 15:00 hrs.

ICTP/director director at ictp.it
Wed May 6 11:46:18 CEST 2020

Dear All,

We wish to inform you that we have reached a larger number of
registrations than expected. Should you not be able to attend by ZOOM,
the Colloquium is available in live streaming at: ictp.it/livestream
<http://ictp.it/livestream>

With best regards,

Zina Makkawi

Office of the Director, ICTP

Dear All,

You  are most cordially invited to a Joint ICTP-SISSA Webinar Colloquium
by Dr. Alessandro Vespignani on "Computational Epidemiology at the time
of COVID-19" on Wednesday 6 May 2020 at 15:00 hrs.

*Pre-registration* is required at the following url:
https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_2ASi40FqQCKjDBKrYAEN_ **

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the webinar.

*Biosketch: *Alex Vespignani is the Director of the Network Science
Institute and Sternberg Family Distinguished University Professor with
interdisciplinary appointments in the College of Computer and
Information Science, College of Science and the Bouvé College of Health
Sciences, Northeastern University, USA. His research interests include
complex systems and networks, and the data-driven computational modeling
of epidemics.

*Abstract: *The data science revolution is finally enabling the
development of large-scale data-driven models that provide real- or
near-real-time forecasts and risk analysis for infectious disease
threats. These models also provide rationales and quantitative analysis
to support policy making decisions and intervention plans. At the same
time, the non-incremental advance of the field presents a broad range
challenges: algorithmic (multiscale constitutive equations, scalability,
parallelization), real time integration of novel digital data stream
(social networks, participatory platform, human mobility etc.). I will
review and discuss recent results and challenges in the area, and focus
on ongoing work aimed at responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.

For info, please check the following link: http://indico.ictp.it/event/9357/

The Colloquium will also be live streamed at: ictp.it/livestream
<http://ictp.it/livestream>

We look forward to seeing you online!

With best regards,

Office of the Director, ICTP