Algebraic geometry on-line seminars on K3 surfaces

Alessandro Nobile anobile at sissa.it
Sun Jun 7 17:23:54 CEST 2020

Dear all,
    this is to announce the twelfth algebraic geometry seminar on K3
surfaces.

SPEAKER: Mario De Marco

WHEN: Friday, June 12 at 4.00 pm (Rome)

WHERE: Link Zoom:
https://sissa-it.zoom.us/j/96794031152?pwd=YUNhVHJQdTVqQnlaZnVLTzdJOFhMdz09

       Meeting ID: 967 9403 1152
       Password: 022255

TITLE: Period description of K3 moduli spaces

ABSTRACT: In this seminar, I will present the period construction of
moduli spaces of K3 surfaces (specifically, complex structures moduli
space and hyperkähler metrics moduli space on K3). I will comment, in
particular, on how some features (such as a non-zero Picard number, or
the presence of orbifold singularities) are rephrased in the language of
periods.  If time permits, I will conclude with some examples (such as
the period description of the moduli space of a quartic in P^3).

Everyone interested is welcomed to attend.

Best regards,
Alessandro