ICTP Math Associates Seminar (Zoom Meeting) - Thursday 11 June, at 14:00 (Kai Zheng)

ICTP/math - di Giovannantonio Margherita math at ictp.it
Tue Jun 2 14:21:27 CEST 2020

Math Associates Seminar

Thursday 11 June 2020, at 14:00, Central European Time

Starts: 11 JUne 2020 14:00
Ends: 11 June 2020 15:30

Please register in advance for this meeting:

https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJwrcu6hrjwvGd3rxgA4UpjhJI5Cpd8v-XZs

After registration, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the meeting

Speaker: Kai Zheng (School of Mathematical Sciences, Tongji University,
Shanghai)

Title: Singular cscK metrics

Abstract: We will discuss singular constant scalar curvature Kaehler
(cscK) metrics, which may have cone singularities and/or degenerate
somewhere. They appear naturally in several geometric problems. In this
talk, we will reminisce a little about the past development around
singular metrics, and then proceed to recent progress on existence of
singular cscK metrics.