seminar announcement - Fabio Tanturri

Emilia Mezzetti mezzette at units.it
Thu Jan 23 17:39:54 CET 2020

*Seminar announcement **
*

**

*University of Trieste *

Tuesday, 28th January 2020 at 2.30 p.m.

*Fabio Tanturri (Università di Torino)*

will speak on

*On the unirationality of moduli spaces of curves *

Abstract: In this talk I will discuss about the unirationality of
different moduli spaces of curves: the most famous M_g, the moduli space
of smooth curves of genus g; M_g,n, the moduli space of n-pointed smooth
curves; and the Hurwitz space H_{g,d}, parametrizing d-sheeted simply
branched covers of the projective line by smooth curves of genus g.
After introducing the main known results and open questions, I will
report on some recent advances, based on works and ongoing projects in
collaboration with F.-O. Schreyer and H. Keneshlou.

VENUE: Seminar room DMG, Sezione di Matematica e Informatica, H2
building, Via A. Valerio 12/1, 3rd floor, room 334

EVERYBODY INTERESTED IS MUCH WELCOME TO ATTEND