ALGEBRAIC GEOMETRY SEMINAR @ SISSA - Tuesday, 21 January, at 16:00 (Carlo SCARPA)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Mon Jan 20 14:25:01 CET 2020

ALGEBRAIC   GEOMETRY   SEMINAR

Venue: SISSA, Lecture room (A-134)

Tuesday 21 January, at 16:00 hrs.

Speaker: Carlo Scarpa (SISSA)

Title: An analogue of Hitchin's equations in the category of polarized
varieties

Abstract: The Hitchin-Kobayashi correspondence states that the moduli
space of stable vector bundles over a projective manifold coincides with
the moduli space of Einstein-Hermitian vector bundles. Over the years,
this result and its consequences have served as a motivation to relate
the existence of metrics of constant curvature on polarized manifolds to
an algebraic condition (K-stability).
The correspondence between stable and Einstein-Hermitian vector bundles
has a well-known generalization in the context of Higgs bundles, where
one studies Hitchin's harmonic bundle equations. In this talk we will
describe how to give an analogous construction in the category of
polarized varieties, thus defining what a "Higgs field" should be in
this context and studying a system of equations that naturally arises
from the construction.

Note: After the talk we will be discussing the future plans for the seminar.

*/http://users.ictp.it/~arincon/AGS.html/**/
/*
--

Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela