Andrew Newman' seminar: "Enumeration problems on hypertrees"

Antonio Lerario lerario at sissa.it
Mon Feb 17 08:15:16 CET 2020

SEMINAR ANNOUNCEMENT

Speaker: Andrew Newman (TU Berlin)
Venue: Tuesday, February 8, room A-133, 4pm
Title: Enumeration problems on hypertrees

Abstract: It is often the case that equivalent properties for graphs
generalize to nonequivalent properties for higher dimensional simplicial
complexes. In this talk we consider several equivalent properties for trees
(beyond acyclic, connected, and n - 1 edges) that have natural, but
nonequivalent, topological or combinatorial analogues in higher dimension.
Thus there are several ways one could naturally define a hypertree. This
leads to many interesting questions (and some answers) that we will discuss
in this talk.

--
*http://people.sissa.it/~lerario <http://people.sissa.it/~lerario>*