Alessandro Scagliotti's seminar: "Curvature: from Riemannian Geometry to Hamiltonian Systems (part II)"

Antonio Lerario lerario at sissa.it
Mon Feb 10 07:54:56 CET 2020

SEMINAR ANNOUNCEMENT

Speaker: Alessandro Scagliotti (SISSA)
Venue: Tuesday, February 11, room A-133, 4pm
Title: Curvature: from Riemannian Geometry to Hamiltonian Systems (part II)

Abstract
After recalling the definition of Jacobi curve, we study its asymptotics
for small time. We will see that, under suitable assumption, we can use
this information to obtain a generalized notion of connection (that, in
general, can be
nonlinear). At this point, we can define an operator that extends and
generalizes
the Riemannian sectional curvature.

--
*http://people.sissa.it/~lerario <http://people.sissa.it/~lerario>*