Daniele Zuddas' seminar reminder

Antonio Lerario lerario at sissa.it
Mon Feb 3 12:00:16 CET 2020

SEMINAR ANNOUNCEMENT

Speaker: Daniele Zuddas (UNITS)
Venue: Tuesday, February 4 (tomorrow), room A-136, 4pm
Title: How to realize all compact topological 4-manifolds by a finite
amount of data

Abstract
We show that compact topological 4-manifolds are finitistic objects: they
can be presented by a finite amount of data. If the manifold is not
smoothable this finiteness result is not obvious. However, we will show
that the problem can be reduced to the smooth case. Then, by choosing a
finite triangulation, we get the desired finite amount of data sufficient
for reconstructing the given topological 4-manifold uniquely up to
homeomorphisms. This is a joint work with Michael Freedman.

--
*http://people.sissa.it/~lerario <http://people.sissa.it/~lerario>*