Today at 4pm: Geometric Structures - Maurizia Rossi

Miruna - Stefana Sorea mirunastefana.sorea at sissa.it
Mon Dec 7 11:28:26 CET 2020

Dear All,

this is a reminder of today's seminar from the series "Geometric
Structures".

Speaker: MAURIZIA ROSSI [1] ( [1]University of Milano-Bicocca [2]) [1]

Title: Geometrical properties of random eigenfunctions

Time: MONDAY, DECEMBER 7, 2020, 4:00 PM (Rome Time) ----->Please note
the exceptional change of date.<-----

Venue: from remote only, on zoom at this link
https://sissa-it.zoom.us/j/85675591787?pwd=TUo2VXpmcEhOU1paRzBXUWp2MU1odz09
[3]
Passcode: geometry

Abstract:

In this talk we deal with the geometry of random eigenfunctions on
manifolds (the round sphere, the standard flat torus, the Euclidean
plane...) motivated by both Yau's conjecture and Berry's ansatz. In
particular, we investigate the asymptotic behavior (in the high-energy
limit) of the so-called nodal length for random spherical harmonics and
(un)correlation phenomena between the latter and other Lipschitz-Killing
curvatures of their excursion sets at any level.
This talk is mainly based on joint works with V. Cammarota, D.
Marinucci, I. Nourdin, G. Peccati and I. Wigman.
More information can be found here:
https://sites.google.com/view/geometric-structures/ [4]

Everyone is welcome!

Miruna-Stefana Sorea