Call for ICTP Scientist Volunteers

ICTP/director director at ictp.it
Wed Aug 19 15:52:04 CEST 2020

Dear ICTP scientists,

Trieste is hosting the 2020 Euroscience Open Forum (ESOF) from 2 to 6
September. As part of the festivities, ICTP is holding a "World Science
Café" at the Caffe Tommaseo on Saturday 5 September from 18:30 to 22:30.
In the relaxed atmosphere of one of Trieste's historic cafés, ICTP
scientists will share their passion for their work with the general
public, seated at tables to encourage informal discussions with
individuals who attend the event. Aperitivi will be served.

We are looking for ICTP scientists to volunteer for this event. We want
to showcase not only the multiple scientific disciplines at ICTP, but
also the multiple cultures represented by our scientists. Every
researcher will have a badge showing their field of research and also
the languages they speak. This way, attendees will have a chance to talk
about science with professionals of the field while coming to know
countries with different cultures and traditions, practising
conversation in another language.

Would you be available to volunteer on that evening, either for the full
four hours of the event or for a shorter time? If so, we will provide
you with a day pass for the main ESOF event, as well as an ICTP t-shirt.

Please note that Caffe Tommaseo will be strictly following Covid
guidelines related to social distancing, personal protection devices and
the safe provision of food and drink. There will be controls on the
number of participants allowed at the event at any given time. As a
further precautionary measure, ICTP has asked that participating
scientists consider working from home for two weeks after the event.

We hope that you will join us in helping to promote ICTP's science and
culture. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

We would appreciate your response by Wednesday 26 August to P.I.O (email
pio at ictp.it).

Regards,

Director's Office on behalf of

ICTP Public Information Office