Algebraic geometry online seminar on K3 surfaces

anobile anobile at sissa.it
Wed Apr 29 16:27:20 CEST 2020

ONLINE SEMINAR ANNOUNCEMENT/REMINDER

      Dear all, this is a reminder for the sixth seminar on K3 surfaces.

      Speaker: Warren
        Cattani (SISSA)

    Title: Derived
        automorphisms and singular cohomology

        Abstract:  We
        will show how to construct an isomorphism in singular cohomology
        starting from an exact equivalence of the bounded derived
        category. This will serve as an excuse to see some basic
        computations with Fourier-Mukai transforms, Chern characters and
        Grothendieck-Riemann-Roch.

        After that, we will show that some structure of the cohomology
        ring are preserved and state a theorem of Huybrechts, Macrì and
        Stellari (2009) characterizing automorphisms in cohomology
        coming from derived equivalences.

        If time allows, we plan to give some explicit computations and
        attention to a class of "very K3” derived equivalences,
        spherical twists, whose square is cohomologically trivial.

        The seminar broadly follows Chapter 16 of "Lectures on K3
        surfaces" of Huybrechts.

    When: Friday 1st
          May, at 16:00

    Join Zoom Meeting

    https://us04web.zoom.us/j/71337938757?pwd=OTZqRi84dDlEMi9nTFphT2tZZDNFdz09

          Password: 010431

    Everyone is
        welcome to attend!

    Best,

    Alessandro Nobilefor the organising committee