SP Seminar @SISSA Via Bonomea 265 Thursday 26 September at 10 am

CM Section cm at ictp.it
Tue Sep 24 16:12:45 CEST 2019

Joint ICTP/SISSA Statistical Physics Seminar

Thursday 26 September at 10:00 a.m.
venue: SISSA, Via Bonomea 265, room 138

Francesco Caravelli
Los Alamos National Laboratory, U.S.A.

Title: Continuum Field Theory for the Ising Model

Abstract: This is going to be an informal seminar on a current work in
progress on the possibility of studying the Ising model using non-local
fields on the complex plane. The mapping applies to more general models
but we discuss the O(1) for simplicity. We introduce an exact mapping
between fields indexed in N with functions on the complex plane - which
does not require a continuous limit. The binary character of the Ising
model is enforced via an interaction with an auxiliary field whose
coupling is the temperature. This is going to be a whiteboard talk, and
we focus in particular where to go from here, and the drawbacks and the
advantages of using this approach. We show in particular the connection
to a U(1) Group Field Theory, a certain parameter scaling limit for the
perturbation theory, and end with a discussion on future work: the
connection to random matrix theory for the study of glasses in this
limit and discuss the constructive approach for this theory.
Based on: https://arxiv.org/abs/1908.08065
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://arxiv.org/abs/1908.08065&sa=D&ust=1569766330367000&usg=AOvVaw09j_PGeFxqYjnvApBSFLYt>