ANALYSIS SEMINARS AT ICTP - Thursday 19 September, from 14:30 to 16:30

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Fri Sep 13 15:46:15 CEST 2019

A N A L Y S I S   S E M I N A R S

Thursday 19 September

Venue: Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor)

14:30 - 15:30
Speaker: Lucas Oliveira (UFRGS - Brazil)

Title: On the Strichartz inequalities for the Schroedinger equation

Abstract: In this talk we will discuss some mixed Lp estimates obtained
by Robert Strichartz in 1977 for a large class of dispersive PDEs,
restricting our attention to the special case of the Schroedinger
equation. Starting with simple facts about the Fourier transform, we
will show how Harmonic Analysis can be applied in order to obtain a
complete proof of these estimates.

It is worth to mention that such estimates also have strong connections
with the theory of restriction estimates for Fourier transform, and we
could see the main result of this talk as the base for the companion
talk of Mateus Sousa (about sharp restriction estimates for the Fourier
transform).

15:30 - 16:30
Speaker: Mateus Sousa (LMU - Munich, Germany)

Title: On sharp Strichartz inequalities

Abstract: In this follow-up talk we will discuss a little bit about the
concept of sharp inequalities with a focus on the particular case of
Strichartz inequalities. We will discuss questions related to sharp
constants, existence of extremizers and characterization of extremizers.

--

Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela